Problems with vlc 0.2.80

Bill Piety wfromoz at bellsouth.net
Sun Jul 1 17:44:40 CEST 2001

I'm also a KDE user, but I've selected to use 'custom sound device',
alsa. Under KDE 2.1.x (RH7.1, 4.0.3, 900hz T-bird, Nvidia TNT2) the only
difference in playback between Win2K & Linux is that dialogue sound is
weaker than background music etc. Good coordination with audio. I have
some performace degradation under Ximian gnome for sound only, and with
certain DVD's only. Video output for 'Proof of Life' was stunning last
night. Congrats to all with the development, vlc 0.2.80-1 (SDL output
1.2.1-1)