Problems with vlc 0.2.80

Michael Flohr flohr at itp.uni-hannover.de
Mon Jul 2 12:34:27 CEST 2001

One more thing:

I noticed that the CVS version from 29.07.2001
gave me a runtime warning from libdvdcss that
InitModule was an undefined symbol.
However, vlc works now fine, and I don't know
whether this warning is in any way important,
or simply due to "work in progress".

With the xvideo problem fixed, vlc is now
really great. This current CVS version is the frist
version which can play ALL my DVDs.
The only problem which sometimes occurs is
that vlc won't go through all these stupid
chapters telling about the copyright etc.
On some DVDs I onw, there seem to be
upto 11 of such short chapters, and vlc
sometimes hangs on the 5th or 7th or so.
However, choosing the chapter where the
real movie starts circumvents this "problem".
Kepp up this incredible good work!!!

Michael