Problems with vlc0.2.80

Gildas Bazin gbazin at netcourrier.com
Tue Jul 3 10:05:11 CEST 2001

Alexander Meier Wrote:

>now I tried to install the version 0.2.80 I can install it without any
>problems, both compiled right away, BUT when I launch the vlc, either
>from the console, or by clicking on the symbol..... NOTHING happens.
>I couldn't get any debugging info except for this:
>everything seems to run fine the output is:
>module: browsing `.'
>module: browsing `lib'
>module: browsing `/usr/local/lib/videolan/vlc'
>module: locking module `macosx'
>intf: interface initialized
>that's it.... nothing else happens....
>
>has anybody else had this problem before?
>Could I solve it if I fully uninstalled the other versions I still use?

I never tried the macosx version, but to see if vlc is working, you could specify a file name as an argument when you run it: "vlc --intf dummy nameofyourfile" (nameofyourfile can also be something like: dvd:/dev/dvd)
This will try to play the specified file without showing a GUI.

If this doesn't work than something is really broken.

--
Gildas

Une gamme d'outils gratuits et performants à votre service.
Web/Wap : www.netcourrier.com
Téléphone/Fax : 08 92 69 00 21 (0,34 E TTC/min - 2,21 F TTC/min)
Minitel: 3615 NETCOURRIER (0,15 E TTC/min - 1,00 F TTC/min)