Problems with vlc 0.2.80

Gildas Bazin gbazin at netcourrier.com
Tue Jul 3 09:43:05 CEST 2001

Michael Flohr Wrote:

>I noticed that the CVS version from 29.07.2001
>gave me a runtime warning from libdvdcss that
>InitModule was an undefined symbol.

This is just because all the dvd access functions have now been put into a library called "libdvdcss.so".
On startup, vlc is scanning for plugins (all files ending with a .so extension) and therefore will try to load libdvdcss as a plugin. And it will fail because libdvdcss is not a plugin.

In short, don't worry about this message.

PS: I agree that this message is not really nice to see, so something will have to be done about it.

--
Gildas

Une gamme d'outils gratuits et performants à votre service.
Web/Wap : www.netcourrier.com
Téléphone/Fax : 08 92 69 00 21 (0,34 E TTC/min - 2,21 F TTC/min)
Minitel: 3615 NETCOURRIER (0,15 E TTC/min - 1,00 F TTC/min)