Problems with 0.2.80

Michael Flohr flohr at itp.uni-hannover.de
Thu Jul 5 11:46:17 CEST 2001

Hi Gildas,

> One other thing to check is the depth of your video display. I think the x11
> video output requires a 16bit depth, I'm not sure it supports anything else...

My default depth is 24 bpp, but xvideo seems to be able to reset
it to 16 bpp automatically. I don't have problems with this except that,
in window mode (not fullscreen, I mean), some colors of other applications
occasionally get mixed up. However, I don't mind that, since after
finishing with vlc, everything is set back to normal.

Michael