unable to play dvds

Gildas Bazin gbazin at netcourrier.com
Tue Jul 10 21:06:45 CEST 2001

Hmmm...

I don't see anything really strange in this log file, everything seems to be
working:
the video display is initialised properly and the mpeg decoder seems to be
decoding frames....
I really see no reason why you don't get video.

One more thing you could try would be to:
- first remove all the files in /usr/lib/videolan/vlc (to be sure old plugins
are deleted)
- build vlc from scratch with just a plain ./configure (with no options)
- don't do a make install, just run vlc from there, and try the x11 output as
well as the sdl output.

PS: you could also try to get your nvidia driver working (It would be nicer
if you could use Xvideo anyway). Try to get hold on another software which
uses xvideo, and see if it works (maybe try the Xine DVD player ;-) . If it
doesn't work than chances are your driver is not working properly.

Sorry I can't help more.

--
Gildas