overlay and colorkey

Gildas Bazin gbazin at netcourrier.com
Wed Jul 11 16:04:38 CEST 2001

On Wednesday 11 July 2001 2:42 pm, Michael Flohr wrote:

> question: Is there something like a color key for
> overlay mode?

I don't know about the xvideo plugin, but the directx plugin uses a color key
to display the overlay.

> I would like to know whether vlc offers a similar
> feature.

What I know for sure is that you don't have any option in vlc to change this
color key. In the DirectX plugin this value is hardcoded into the plugin (you
have to be careful not to use a too common color).

It's true that such option could be neat... for example you could fill your
desktop background with the color key you would set in vlc, and you would end
up with a video in place of your desktop :) But I don't think it's something
high priority.

Someone knows if the Xvideo plugin uses a color key?
(I had a quick look at the code and it doesn't seem to be, but since I don't
know anything about X...)

--
Gildas