New kernel & no sound

Horst Eyermann horst at freedict.de
Thu Jul 12 18:32:26 CEST 2001

Hmm,
I also upgraded to kernel 2.4.6 (xfree 4.0.2) - since then it appears, that I do
not have any playback (neither in vlc, nor xine, ...). I tried with NVidia
driver 1.0-1251, and older verions. - I upgraded to xfree 4.1.0. Perhaps I
should try the new nvidia driver again. (I installed the version 0.9.6 for
tests).
I suspected the kernel (with VIA AGP driver). As I did not find any information
elsewhere, here my question:

Is it possible to see where such a driver goes wrong (which kernel feature is
missing, or messing things up)? -  I did not find any relevant kernel changes
in the changelog.

THanks,

Horst

Horst at freedict.de
Horst Eyermann
Germany

You need a dictionary? - visit http://www.freedict.de
for free (GPL) dictionaries (unix; windows work in progress)
For windows, visit http://www.freedict.de/wbuch

A article (in German) about dictionary efforts on the net
http://www.heise.de/tp/deutsch/inhalt/on/5927/1.html