Performances

Vince vincet_o at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 22 06:48:05 CEST 2001

Mach 64 chip is to slow for dvd video.

I have used ati cards for years and useing a rage pro card (8 meg
all-in-wonder-pro) I could get software dvd in winblows but not in linux.
Now with a Rage 128 pro (32 meg agp all-in-wonder) and the ati drivers for
xfree 4.1.0 from the gatos project (http://www.linuxvideo.org) Xvideo mods.
I have perfect dvd playing useing OMS, Xine, and VLC.  Useing xine  I can
play the same dvd twice at same time (2x dvd) with a half hour diffrence  in
the start time of the movie with no frame skips and perfect audio.
Dma is on for all my ide HD and Dvd and this did help reduce frame skips.

My hardware ....
Tyan Tiger 100
Dual p3 500/512
448 megs ram
ide 2x dvd drive
SB live value
32 meg agp all in wonder 128 pro
2 meg Matrox mellium II (dual head useing both cards)
Stock kernel 2.4.3 on Mandrake 8.0
5 gig, 7 gig, 20 gig IDE HD
aha 1520b scsi attached to 4x cdr, 12 x cd, 32x cd, 1 gig scsi HD (swap
drive), scsi zip 100
AHA 2940 UW2 installed but no devices (YET!!!!)

I hope this helps
Vince
"The box said requires windows 95 or better so I installed Linux"
Linux user and Geek since 1993