[ANN] vlc 0.2.81

Samuel Hocevar sam at zoy.org
Sat Jul 28 08:26:35 CEST 2001

On Sat, Jul 28, 2001, Scott Lambert wrote:

> >    Great ! Did you get XVideo/overlay to work with SDL ?
>
> vlc -V xvideo  works.  Does that answer your question?

   Yes :)

>  I have better audio syncronization with xvideo output versus sdl
> output. Full screen mode also works with xvideo. sdl just shows the
> same size image with the rest of the screen blue.

   Are you using a laptop ? This behaviour can be worked around by
maximizing the window before switching to full screen, or launching vlc
with flags such as "--width 1024 --height 768".

   As for audio synchronization, I'm surprised there is a difference
between xvideo and sdl. Maybe it's because SDL windows takes longer to
be spawned; but it should quickly resynchronize.

--
Sam.