compile prob

dont dont at mail1.21stcentury.net
Sun Jul 29 06:51:33 CEST 2001

Sam:
Thank you for the quick reply.  Your note helped tremendously.

To answer your questions:

I got the vlc code from CVS this afternoon, although I did not download
0.2.81 itself.

I found libdvdcss.c and other code in the libdvdcss-0.0.2 ... extras
directory (after the ./configure; make; make install) which I also got
this afternoon, and copied it all over to
/root/data/vlc/vlc/extras/libdvdcss after receiving your note.  That
fixed the compile problem.

I also have SDL 1.2.1, and tried 1.2.2 later.
I compiled without/disable ggi, glide, alsa and gnome -- my machine does
not like these at the moment.
I enabled debug.  I tried to enable KDE but it did not like it either,
so I removed the enable KDE option.

When I run vlc, I get:

dont:~/data/vlc/vlc # vlc
illegal instruction : optimization disabled
VideoLAN Client - version 0.2.81 Ourumov - (C)1996-2001 VideoLAN

vout error: no suitable Xvideo image input port
vpar error: can't open vout, aborting
Gdk-ERROR **: BadCursor (invalid Cursor parameter)
I am running SuSE 7.2, 2.2.18, X4.1.0, Nvidia 1251 with an old Diamond
TNT card, and KDE 2.1.2.
I am accessing the DVD as a FILE from my wife's machine with vlc over a
10/100 network using Samba -- I just have a CD on my box.  My wife's
machine runs Windows 98 and has a DVD player.

Your questions and thoughts are appreciated.

DON