Vlc speed

David Gómez davidge at jazzfree.com
Sun Jul 29 04:10:44 CEST 2001

Hi,

I'm using vlc 0.2.81 to play DVD and its really great, that's why i want
to obtain the max frame speed which vlc is capable of.
What's the best video output module (in terms of speed) ? I'm using sdl.so
to play the video right now. And also, what are the right options to
improve the speed? The --overlay i think is supposed to improve the movie
playing, but i didn't notice much, (maybe --motion or --yuv are needed
too?).
I'm asking all this, because when using the verbose output, vlc
shows that several frames are being dropped.
For the record, my system is a pIII 700 with 320 RAM.

TIA,

David Gómez