0.2.81 on freebsd

Gildas Bazin gbazin at netcourrier.com
Mon Jul 30 20:19:40 CEST 2001

On Sunday 29 July 2001 3:56 pm, Bernhard Valenti wrote:

> i installed vlc 0.2.81 and the libdvdcss 0.0.2 yesterday. its awefully slow.
> i suppose ~5 fps(sometimes < 1fps) and the audio is a bit choppy too. and
the
> audio changes the pitch, as already reported by someone else(but i dont
have
> to use the menu to make the pitch shift... moving the window or starting
> mozilla does cause the pitch to shift too). i have xine playing the dvds
> perfectly smooth, so its a vlc problem.
>
> athlon 1ghz, freebsd 4.3. top shows that vlc is only using 25% cpu. tried
> sdl/xvideo/x11 all the same.

Hmmm, this is definitly weird. Have you tried to use vlc on an mpeg file or
an a vob file but without using the dvd input module of vlc ?
You would then be able to tell if libdvdcss is the problem (which I doubt,
but worth a try).
When you are using the xvideo plugin (vlc --vout xvideo) do you see in the
title bar of the window the text "xvideo" (just to make sure the xvideo
plugin is actually used).
Could you give us some more info (on your system, etc..)

--
Gildas