How to find an Xvideo driver for a given card?

Gildas Bazin gbazin at netcourrier.com
Tue Jul 31 00:16:29 CEST 2001

On Monday 30 July 2001 10:59 pm, Matthew Kenworthy wrote:
> Apologies for an easy question, but I've looked through the XFree86 site
> and I can't find the answer.
>
> How do I know if my card/driver has xvideo extensions, and if I have them,
> how do I force ./configure to look for and use the libs?

Have a look at http://www.linuxvideo.org/gatos/
They basically say that Xvideo (XvImage) is supported by the ATI Mach64 out
of the box by Xfree4.1.0. So I would suggest you to upgrade.
( anyway they don't propose any ati.2 driver for Xfree4.0.1, because this
version is really too old )

As to how to compile the Xvideo plugin for vlc, this should be done by
default. To confirm this, look for the file xvideo.so in the plugins
directory.

--
Gildas