Slackware 8 Hell

cdowns cdowns at lifeatzero.com
Tue Jul 31 04:42:34 CEST 2001

God and Savior ~! Im almost there....... i have it running on my laptop with
slack 8 and was having a hell of a time on the workstation. still one error and
here is the dump:

    caption: 0
    language: English
    prefix: 100
    status: 4:3 0 wide 0 letter 1 pan 0
module: locking module `downmix3dn'
module: locking module `imdct3dn'
module: locking module `motionmmx'
module: locking module `idctmmx'
intf info: menus refreshed as stream has changed
vpar: no vout present, spawning one
module: locking module `xvideo'
vout info: asking for 720x576, 15/16 bpp (1440 Bpl)
aout: no aout present, spawning one
module: locking module `dsp'
aout info: signed 16 bits stereo thread
Xlib: unexpected async reply (sequence 0x1622)!
aout info: audio output thread 24515 spawned
aout info: fifo #0 allocated, 2 channels, rate 0
vout error: no suitable Xvideo image input port
module: unlocking module `xvideo'
vpar error: can't open vout, aborting  <---------- get a seg fault right
here..... any ideas on this one ?
module: hiding unused plugin module `x11'
module: hiding unused plugin module `xvideo'

a super big thanks for getting me this far ~!

-D