Slackware 8 Hell

Gildas Bazin gbazin at netcourrier.com
Tue Jul 31 07:33:24 CEST 2001

On Tuesday 31 July 2001 4:00 am, Robert J. Hansen wrote:

> If you think that's choppy, you should see with X11 output... :)

I think this is exactly what he's talking about ;-)
Because the SDL library is basically a wrapper around x11 and Xvideo (on
linux), and when Xvideo is not supported (the case here) SDL defaults to an
x11 output.

> So the best advice I can give is find out whoever's maintaining the TNT2
> cards over at XFree86, and ask him if XVideo support will be in the next
> XFree86 release.

AFAIK the XFree guys have no plan to support Xvideo for the TNT,TNT2. But it
is already supported with the Geforce series.
You can however get Xvideo support for the TNT/2 by using the nvidia driver
(got to www.nvidia.com).

--
Gildas