vlc performance troubles

Bill Piety wfromoz at bellsouth.net
Mon Jun 4 16:15:52 CEST 2001

On my 900mhz T-bird w/4.0.3 I find that using  --vout SDL gives playback
that's quite viewable. TNT2 32-meg using the Nvidia driver but original RH7
kernel. I did rebuild the rpm from src, as I did with SDL. I use the Alsa
drivers on my system but haven't tested sound options yet, using whatever
default vlc finds.

Here's a dummy question - hdparm settings for my HD are kept, ie dma, yet
not kept for my DVD - I must re-enable dma each time I play a movie. What am
I missing here?