Only seeing half of the video

Michael Shapiro mikes at cts.com
Fri Jun 8 08:00:57 CEST 2001

Hi, I'm using the .2.8 version of vlc, and when i play a movie (be it a dvd or a file) I only see half the the video (like someone cut a horizontal line down the center and stretched the left part to fill the screen.) I think it may be a problem with X's Xv extension because i have the same trouble with other players. This only happens when using SDL output. I'm on kernel 2.4.5-pre5(powerpc) and Xfree 4.1.0 (self-compiled). The portion of the video that I can see is also blocky and of poor quality (same with other players too). Has anyone else had this problem, or have any idea how to fix it?

Thanks,
	Mike

--mike
mikes at cts.com