FreeBSD compiling and segfaulting

Øyvind Kolbu oyvind at kebab.gaffel.nu
Wed Jun 20 00:19:02 CEST 2001

After struggeling with compiling vlc for quite some time I found a couple
of bugs in the Makefile.opts and configure script regarding FreeBSD.

The most important bug:
in the CFLAGS variable, '-pthread' must be added in order to compile it.

When installing SDL from ports, it will be in a catalogue named SDL11 not
SDL, a
simple regexp should fix this.

Same goes with qt.

After compiling it, I try to load a movie. Doesn't matter waht type of
media, mpeg or dvd. This error message occurs and vlc ends:

Gdk-ERROR **: BadAccess (attempt to access private resource denied)

The version was a daily cvs tarball, dated 19th June

--
Øyvind Kolbu