User comments

Rens Houben shadur at hiryuu.systemec.nl
Wed Jun 20 11:05:55 CEST 2001

On Wed, Jun 20, 2001 at 08:49:25AM +0000, Azrael Angel Of Death wrote:
> Hi, I use xine.. and have been trying to use vlc.
> Last night I downloaded the mandrake rpm's and attempted to install.
> I was hit by two dependencies libSDL and another one i can't recall off the
> top of my head.
sdl is needed only by vlc-sdl; if you don't intend to use the SDL output
plugin, you won't need either.
The same goes for the gnome and gtk frontends (You mentioned mandrake E, so
I'll assume you're using KDE); they need libgtk and libgnome, but they're
packaged separately and don't need to be installed if you don't intend
to use 'em.

> --             Azrael

-- Shad
--