User comments

Azrael Angel Of Death psuedo_azrael at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 20 10:09:17 CEST 2001

>From: Rens Houben <shadur at hiryuu.systemec.nl>
>To: vlc at videolan.org
>Subject: Re: User comments
>Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 11:05:55 +0200
>
>On Wed, Jun 20, 2001 at 08:49:25AM +0000, Azrael Angel Of Death wrote:
> > Hi, I use xine.. and have been trying to use vlc.
> > Last night I downloaded the mandrake rpm's and attempted to install.
> > I was hit by two dependencies libSDL and another one i can't recall off
>the
> > top of my head.
>sdl is needed only by vlc-sdl; if you don't intend to use the SDL output
>plugin, you won't need either.
>The same goes for the gnome and gtk frontends (You mentioned mandrake E, so
>I'll assume you're using KDE); they need libgtk and libgnome, but they're
>packaged separately and don't need to be installed if you don't intend
>to use 'em.
>
> > --             Azrael
>
>-- Shad

Thanks for the comments... I'll explore more tonight and see what I do. Hope
my comments weren't seen as a criticism... as I say dependencies have never
bothered me before.. but in this instance I saw it from the angle of not
having a net connection to rely on.. and is frustrating.
Anyway.. I'll let you know my success/failiure tonight :)

--            Azrael

Of all God's creatures there is only one that cannot be made the slave of
the lash. That one is the cat. If man could be crossed with a cat it would
improve man, but it would deteriorate the cat.

ICQ#52944566