[ANN] vlc 0.2.63

Samuel Hocevar sam at zoy.org
Mon Mar 5 03:29:14 CET 2001

   We are proud to announce version 0.2.63 of the VideoLAN Client.
We were also glad to welcome two new developers, Tony Castley and
Richard Shepherd. They worked on the BeOS port and brought you a GUI and
accelerated display, including overlay support.

   Major changes:

  * BeOS interface with seek bar and control buttons.
  * Overlay display under BeOS.
  * Gtk+ interface for the Gnome-impaired.
  * Bugfixes in the AC3 decoder, subtitle decoder, and stream parser.
  * Better DVD title support, and direct DVD handling through the GUI.

   You can download 0.2.63 via HTTP or FTP:

      http://www.videolan.org/download.html
      ftp://ftp.videolan.org/pub/videolan/0.2.63/

   Debian packages can be found on the FTP site as well. RPMs will
probably follow really soon.

For the VideoLAN team,
Sam.
--
Samuel Hocevar <sam at zoy.org> <http://sam.zoy.org/>
for DVDs in Linux screw the MPAA and ; do dig $DVDs.z.zoy.org ; done | \