question about videolan...

Arnaud de Bossoreille de Ribou bozo at via.ecp.fr
Mon Mar 12 17:52:14 CET 2001

On Mon, Mar 12, 2001, Sergio Chong wrote:
> 	Just a question: how come I loose the aspect ratio of
> the movie when I switch to YUV acceleration?
> If I don't use it the aspect ratio is preserved, but
> when I turn YUV acceleration on the image is stretched
> vertically and I loose part of the bottom of the film.
>
> Does anyone have the same problem?

Yes, you have a NVidia video card with nvidia's driver and it is buggy.

When one dimension (width or height) is to be reduced the real one of the
overlay matches the dimension of the YUV picture. So when the YUV height is
576 you have to resize your window so that the destination height is at least
576 pixels to have a good ratio.

If I'm wrong please tell us :-)

--
Arnaud.