Need advice on reading TS without PAT/PMT

Steve Brown sbrown at cortland.com
Tue Mar 13 14:21:19 CET 2001

I am working with a pc satellite demodulator. The driver supports
filtering of an audio & video PID. Is there a simple way to circumvent
the PAT/PMT mechanism in input_TS.c and mpeg_systems.c so I can route
the output of the driver directly to vlc?

I've considered adding a correct PAT/PMT to the filtered stream in the
driver, but this seems like a lot of work, checksums and all.

I'm sure some on the list have thought about this more than me. Any
suggestions appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve