Voodoo3 and BeOS

Jeff Ingram jpingram at wctel.net
Thu Mar 15 02:50:24 CET 2001

I believe this is still true, but BeOS has no hardware acceleration for
voodoo cards, and for that matter many cards. I had a voodoo3 2000 card and
video for mine wasn't very good for Mpeg files. They always looked so much
better under win98 or Win2K. I know that most Quicktime files won't even run
under BeOS.  I have several files that won't run and only two that will.
This is because very liitle information about quicktime has been given to
the the developers of BeOS.   Therefore, they (the developers at Be) don't
know how to exactly write the code.  That's how it was explained to me.

Jeff