extension "XVideo" missing on display

Lee Howard faxguy at deanox.com
Tue May 15 02:14:10 CEST 2001

At 09:45 AM 5/15/01 +1000, Eyal Lebedinsky wrote:
>Lee Howard wrote:
>>
>> Hi, could someone point me in the right direction into resolving this
>> problem?:
>>
>> Xlib:  extension "XVideo" missing on display ":0.0".
>> vout error: XvBadExtension
>> vout error: no XVideo extension
>> vout error: video initialization failed, video is deactivated
>> VideoLAN Client - version 0.2.73 Ourumov - (C)1996-2001 VideoLAN
>
>You need the extensions module. Here is the ones I load (all that
>I could find) in my XF86Config-4:
>
>Section "Module"
>     Load       "dbe"
>     Load       "type1"
>     Load       "freetype"
>     Load       "glx"
>     Load       "v4l"
>     Load       "bitmap"
>     Load       "extmod"        # extensions: xvideo, dpms, ...
>     Load       "xie"
>     Load       "pex5"
>     Load       "record"
>     Load       "speedo"
>EndSection

Thanks for the reply, Eyal.  But I seem to be using the extensions module
already:

Section "Module"
        Load  "GLcore"
        Load  "dbe"
        Load  "dri"
        Load  "extmod"
        Load  "glx"
        Load  "pex5"
        Load  "record"
        Load  "xie"
        Load  "v4l"
EndSection

Or is there a way to configure what the extensions module contains?

Thanks.
Lee.