Seg fault in vlc

Max Parke mhp at lightlink.com
Sun May 20 23:54:34 CEST 2001

Hi

I am sorry if this is a known problem.  Running Linux 2.2.15 , XF86 4.0.3
with a Matrox G450, and vlc-0.2.73, trying to play a .vob file.

Getting a segmentation fault in function MotionComponent_x_y_copy_8_8(),
the p_src parameter points to a block of memory that is apparently too
short.

Another segfault is occurring in vdec_MotionFieldField420, apparently in
the following line of Motion420:

==> if( i_source_offset >= p_source->i_size )
    {
        intf_WarnMsg( 2, "Bad motion vector (lum)" );
        return;
    }

The external symptoms are that the movie plays OK for a few minutes, then
starts to get jerky, then the segfault.

Many thanks for any help, please email me directly, let me know if I can
gather any further information.

Max