segfault using cvs source

Jauder Ho jauderho at carumba.com
Mon May 21 03:28:48 CEST 2001

Weird error. Enabling debug causes vlc to work but doing a non debug build
causes a segfault when I try to play a dvd. Config options are as follows

	# ./configure  --prefix=/usr --with-sdl --enable-esd --enable-debug

and the following is what I use to run vlc with

	turtle%vlc% ./vlc -I gtk --stereo -vvvv --vout sdl --overlay --aout esd

The message before the crash is

module: plugin module `gtk', Gtk+ interface module
module: plugin module `x11', X11 module
module: browsing `/usr/lib/videolan/vlc'
module: plugin module `gnome', Gnome interface module
module: module bank initialized
module: locking module `gtk'
intf: interface initialized
intf: added `dvd:/dev/dvd' to playlist