Pausing does nasty stuff

Chris Jensen christopher.jensen at studentmail.newcastle.edu.au
Thu Nov 8 09:57:11 CET 2001

Hi,
When I pause Star Ward TPM (althouh I don't think it's limited to this DVD)
there's an unpleasant buzz played. Then when I start to play again the audio
starts a great deal (up to 2 or 3 seconds) behind the video - it gets back in
sync after about 2 or 3 minutes, but it does this by playing the audio really
fast and it sounds pretty bad.
Also I have once had a problem where the same buzz that occurs when pausing
has occured when I've hit ESC.
I'm using alsa 0.0.0beta7 and vlc 0.2.83

--
Chris Jensen
dr_spirograph at technologist.com

Public Key: http://flame.newcastle.edu.au/~c9905390/

Wait: Did you know that there's a direct correlation between the decline of
Spirograph and the rise in gang activity?  Think about it.
- Dr Spirograph (The Simpsons)