radeon ddr 64mb and dvd playback

nick lidakis nick.lidakis at verizon.net
Thu Nov 15 02:09:32 CET 2001

Anyone using vlc or xine in conjunction with a radeon ddr agp videocard.
I seem to be having some issues with dvd playback. Whenever I play a dvd
or mpeg the  the last frame played shows up when I switch desktops.
Also, no other windows can be seen on top of the video window. This only
happens when using Xvideo output or SDL. Switching to X11 solves the
problem, but video playback is too choppy even on a dual p3 1Ghz
motherboard with no there apps running. Is this an issue with xfree or
just my videocard? Using windows with the supplied ATI dvd player,
everything works fine. Anybody else using a Radeon with vlc? And if so
what are you experiences?

nick lidakis