vlc 0.2.91 for mac os x

Florian G. Pflug fgp at phlo.org
Thu Nov 15 21:15:13 CET 2001

On Thu, Nov 15, 2001 at 09:22:15AM -0500, neil epstein wrote:
> hey,
>
> compiled the tarball and it went smoothly.
>
> tried running a dvd from the command line after chmoding 655 the dvd rom..
> the vlc player launces, brings up the menu bar, but the menu never fills
> with options and the program just hangs.
>
> thoughts?
Could you start is with "-vvvvvvvvv" and mail me the output?

There is some strange bug in the 0.2.91 version of vlc, but I don't find the
reason (for me it sometimes crashes when started first after a reboot. After
starting it again, it works fine. It's some silly race-condition i think,
but I couldn't track it down yet)

greetings, Florian Pflug