Linux vlc 0.2.91-1 not very stable.

Charles Sullivan cwsulliv at triad.rr.com
Wed Nov 14 16:08:28 CET 2001

I downloaded and installed these Linux (i386) binary RPMs on my
Red Hat 7.1/Gnome system:
  vlc-0.2.91-1.i386.rpm
  vlc-gnome-0.2.91-1.i386.rpm
  libdvdcss1-1.0.0-1.i386.rpm

Two things I notice while playing a DVD:

If I hit the 'F' key for Full Screen, the actual movie picture
size doesn't expand, but stays the same size as it was in the
window.  If I first maximize the window, then the movie picture
size fills the monitor screen.

Full Screen seems very unstable - pressing a key or clicking the
mouse will as likely as not lock up the mouse and display,
forcing me to kill X-windows to break out.  I don't recall having
a similar problem when running vlc 0.2.82.

Regards,
Charles Sullivan