device dvd with macppc and vlc for Windows 2000

Charles Sullivan cwsulliv at triad.rr.com
Fri Nov 23 16:18:46 CET 2001

On 22 Nov 2001 11:41:58 -0800
Doug Wolfgram <dew at gfx.com> wrote:

> Here is something else strange. If I try to load the libdvdcss packages,
> it says they are already installed. If I try to uninstall them, it says
> they are not installed. How can I be sure they are in fact installed?

RPM can be a little confusing at first.  When you install a package you
tell RPM the filename containing the package, but when verifying or
uninstalling, you tell it only the package name.

You can get a list of all the package names installed on your system
with the command:
$ rpm -qa

and to select only those with "dvd" in the package name you could use:
$ rpm -qa | grep dvd