vlc segfaults (repost)

Michael Flohr flohr at itp.uni-hannover.de
Sat Nov 24 00:38:31 CET 2001

Dear Christophe,

> > vlc -novideo:          does not change a thing, the same errors happen;
>
> BTW the real option is --novideo.

That is, what I ment, just a typo, sorry.

> > I can further say that the rewritten vout_xvideo.c is ok, since
> > I can use that with vlc 0.2.90 perfectly such that at least fullscreen
> > is back to normal when I use the 0.2.90 release.
> > I have the feeling that the error must have to do with either
> > multithreading or with a different memory management.
> > If someone could pinpoint for me, where changes in these directions
> > have been made, I could try to investigate this error further.
>
> Could you try with -I dummy ? I suspect the problem lies in the GTK
> interface.

Yes, it works with -I dummy. So it is presumably the gtk
interface. The following observation might help to find
the error. I can use the gtk interface when playing an
mpeg file. So, the error must lie somewhere, which only
is relevant or active when playing a DVD.

Hope this helps,
Michael