vlc segfaults (repost)

Michael Flohr flohr at itp.uni-hannover.de
Sat Nov 24 00:59:58 CET 2001

> >Go into Gnome theme manager and select a theme that doesn't use
> >bitmapped backgrounds.  This fixed this exact problem on my RH 7.1
> >system.
>
> Are there other people to confirm this report ? This is quite surprising.

Yes, on my SuSE 7.3 it is the same. The interface works and does
not crash vlc when using a simple theme not using pixmaps.

However, navigating within DVDs seems to me to be less stable than
in earlier releases, I do get segfaults while navigating.

Also, the releases 0.2.90 and 0.2.91 both have, in my opinion, a slightly
jerkier movement during dvd playback than the older releases 0.2.8x.
I notice it most during slow camera moves such as a slow move around
a whole landscape.

Michael