VLC and Region?

Canek Peláez Valdés canek at abulafia.fciencias.unam.mx
Sat Nov 24 20:47:34 CET 2001

>> I.e., can I play DVDs from a variety of regions without using up the
>> region changes allowed by the DVD's firmware?

Samuel>    Yes, you can use vlc (and any libdvdcss based program) without
Samuel> fear, they won't touch the region counter.

Or, you can go to The Firmware Page (http://perso.club-internet.fr/farzeno/firmware/),
and get a compatible, region free firmware for your DVD. I do that for my
Creative 6630E (PC-DVD Encore), and now I don't need to worry about the
region, or the number of times I can change it. Now, my computer sees a
Matshita SR-8584, and I very happy :)

Canek
--
Wishing without work is like fishing without bait.
		-- Frank Tyger