Linux vs Windoze

Doug Wolfgram dew at gfx.com
Mon Nov 26 18:55:25 CET 2001

Now that I have vlc running on the same machine in both Windows 2000 and
Linux (RH7.2) I was wondering if someone could explain why the Linux
version is choppy and the video gets out of sync with the audio.

Is this the difference between SDL and DirectX? Is it correct to assume
the same basic codec is used for both and that the video performance
difference is in the video device drivers and such?

Any help would be enlightening. I'd like to stay on the Linux side, but
the video doesn't play smoothly.

Doug Wolfgram
Principal
CTO Partners