VLC cannot play DVD on OS X

Jamie Bah jamiebah at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 29 18:48:21 CET 2001

When I launch vlc (double-click the app) it will not play the disc in
the drive, I cannot select
file -> open -> disc, it is greyed out.
When I launch it from the console, I get a message that says the drive
is busy.

I have a G3 450 (B&W)

DVD-ROM drive
unit number:	0
ata device type:	atapi
device serial:
device revision:	C61f
Product Identification:	DVD-ROM SR-8583
Vendor Identification:	MATSHITA

I am able to play MPEG files, (I downloaded the train.mpeg file from
your ftp site).
I worked with meuuh (he logged into yoda.xtratyme.com) and compiled it
for me here from CVS.
I tried to play 1 dvd so far, (only one I can get ahold of for the time
being) it was "The Animal" starring Rob Schnieder.  Not sure if it was
encrypted or not.

Anyway, any thing I can do to help, just let me know, if I forgot some
important details, let me know that too...

P.S. if you need access to the machine, let me know I can setup temp
access again and allow you to use vnc as well...