Subtitle coloring

Hamish Marson hamish at travellingkiwi.com
Thu Nov 29 11:23:35 CET 2001

Christopher Smith wrote:

> Is there any way to change the subtitle color?  the colors seem to alternate
> between white letters with grey outlines and grey letters with white
> outlines.  I'm not sure why these colors were selected, but they're
> difficult to see.  Is there anyway to switch to yellow letters with black
> outlines?  That is the standard color scheme and the most easily visible and
> readable.

Why not simply move the dratted things down BELOW the level of the actual
picture frame? The window IS resizable after all... It would be much better
(IMNSHO) if the subtitles were just below the actual picture, thus not
detracting from the movie. If it's playing in fullscreen and can't get any
extra space at the bottom, THEN it would be (Just) acceptable to put it over
the top of the picture, but otherwise, why bother?