Region 2 Sixth Sense DVD causes Segfault

Stepan Roh stepan at srnet.cz
Tue Oct 2 12:47:43 CEST 2001

On Tue, 2 Oct 2001, Matthew Stephenson wrote:

> I have a region 2 DVD of The Sixth Sense which does not seem to play
> with vlc. All my other DVDs are fine. It will play the production
> company logo title fine, but after that it seems to skip rapidly through
> titles before segfaulting.

I have problems with this DVD too. I have vlc from CVS and it does not
segfault and I'm able to play the movie, but it skips rapidly (without any
video or audio output) through all the rest (trailers etc.). No
interesting output using vlc -vvvvvv. I did not try it with normal
(TV-connected) DVD player, but I tried Xine, OMS, MPlayer and Ogle and
none of them succeeded. Even the DVD menu in Ogle was damaged and MPlayer
said something about errors in MPEG input. I thought it was damaged DVD,
but maybe it was not.

Have a nice day.

Stepan Roh