Macrovision

Artur Correia artur.correia at netvisao.pt
Tue Oct 2 10:07:52 CEST 2001

Hy
I'm currently using vlc to play dvd on my box.
It's a PIII 1Ghz, 256 MB Ram,
Video: Riva TNT 2, w/ TV Out
I'm using windows for now, but I'll be running Linux as soon as I can
get TV Out configured on Linux.

The initial purpose of this configuration was to have a tool at home
that would enable me also to watch DVD on my television.
It seems that RIVA TNT comes out shipped with a Chronotel video encoder
chip #7008, wich supports Macrovision copyright protection system. Thios
means I can't use the TV Out function.

The only player that successfully does this it's VLC. Congratulations.
Keep up the good work.
One thing that puzzles me it's this: I can only read some of my DVD. On
others VLC just hangs. Any idea why? I think this must be related also
with macrovision...
Can you give me some help here??
Thanks

Artur