VLC 0.2.90 on FreeBSD with SSE support

Scott Lambert lambert at lambertfam.org
Thu Oct 18 03:26:32 CEST 2001

Is anyone else running VLC on a FreeBSD machine with SSE support enabled?

I just rebuilt my kernel with :

options         CPU_ENABLE_SSE

Now vlc cores when trying to play a DVD.  It plays a very short .mpg file I
have fine.

My only config change was the kernel support for SSE.

Booting back to the non-SSE kernel allows vlc to play DVDs again.

--
Scott Lambert          KC5MLE            Unix SysAdmin -- Looking for work.
lambert at lambertfam.org       http://www.lambertfam.org/~lambert/resume.html