Running vlc-0.2.90 under FreeBSD-4.3.

Gode, Nicolas NGode at fciconnect.com
Tue Oct 23 14:26:03 CEST 2001

Hello guys,

I'm writing to you to explain when what happens when I try to launch
vlc-0.2.90 in my box.
Firstly, I've compiled and installed successfully the kernel BSD with SSE
support. Before this step, vlc-0.2.90 worked just well
(just a problem a synchrinization video/audio) but I got a message that the
OS doesn't support SSE and some optimizations will be disabled.

Now SSE support is installed, vlc doesn't work anymore.
I got 2 different kind of message
1/ When I try to read directly a movie from the DVD drive : File - Open -
Select DVD - OK - and them vlc shut down, saying VIRTUAL TIMER EXPIRED.
2/ When I try to read a vob file from my hard disk, vlc shut dowm too, with

Any idea to help me,

Thanks,

Nicolas Godé
FCI Dominican Republic, Ltd.