FW: audio crackles

Rob Cavicchio rob.cavicchio at previo.com
Sat Sep 1 01:10:34 CEST 2001

Oops, looks like the list server thought the file was binary and stripped
it.  Here's the text.

Actually, it looks like the audio problems are exactly in the spots where
the video still can't quite keep up, so I guess that's just expected.  I'm
including the debug output anyway, in case someone has a bright idea.

intf: playlist initialized
module: checking built-in modules
module: new builtin module `es', ISO 13818-1 MPEG Elementary Stream input
module
module: new builtin module `ps', ISO 13818-1 MPEG Program Stream input
module
module: new builtin module `ts', ISO 13818-1 MPEG Transport Stream input
module
module: new builtin module `yuv', YUV transformations module
module: new builtin module `idct', IDCT module
module: new builtin module `idctclassic', classic IDCT module
module: new builtin module `motion', motion compensation module
module: new builtin module `imdct', AC3 IMDCT module
module: new builtin module `downmix', AC3 downmix module
module: new builtin module `yuvmmx', MMX YUV transformations module
module: new builtin module `idctmmx', MMX IDCT module
module: new builtin module `motionmmx', MMX motion compensation module
module: new builtin module `idctmmxext', MMX EXT IDCT module
module: new builtin module `motionmmxext', MMX EXT motion compensation
module
module: new builtin module `imdct3dn', 3D Now! AC3 IMDCT module
module: new builtin module `downmix3dn', 3D Now! AC3 downmix module
module: new builtin module `imdctsse', SSE AC3 IMDCT module
module: new builtin module `downmixsse', SSE AC3 downmix module
module: new builtin module `dvd', DVD input module, linked with libdvdcss
module: new builtin module `dummy', dummy functions module
module: new builtin module `null', the Null module that does nothing
module: new builtin module `rc', remote control interface module
module: checking plugin modules
module: browsing `.'
module: new plugin module `directx', DirectX module
module: new plugin module `gtk', Gtk+ interface module
module: new plugin module `sdl', Simple DirectMedia Layer module
module: browsing `plugins'
module: browsing `/usr/local/lib/videolan/vlc'
module: module bank initialized
module: locking module `gtk'
intf: interface initialized
module: hiding unused plugin module `sdl'
module: hiding unused plugin module `directx'
intf: added `E:\DVD01\VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_1.VOB' to playlist
input: playlist item `E:\DVD01\VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_1.VOB'
module: locking module `ps'
input: opening file `E:\DVD01\VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_1.VOB'
module: locking module `downmix'
module: locking module `imdct'
module: locking module `motionmmx'
module: locking module `idctmmx'
intf: stream has changed, refreshing interface
vpar: no vout present, spawning one
module: locking module `directx'
vout info: asking for 720x576, 15/16 bpp (1440 Bpl)
vout: vout_Create creating DirectXEventThread
vout: DirectXCreateWindow
vout: DirectXCreateWindow background color:5
vout: WinProc WM_WINDOWPOSCHANGED
aout: no aout present, spawning one
module: locking module `directx'
aout: DirectX aout_Open
vout: vout_Manage WM_APP
vout : vout_Create DirectXEventThread running
vout: DirectXInitDDraw
aout: Create direct sound primary buffer
aout: aout_Open creating DirectSoundThread
aout: DirectX aout_SetFormat
aout: DirectX DirectxCreateSecondaryBuffer: 352800
aout info: signed 16 bits stereo thread
aout info: audio output thread -16719477 spawned
aout info: fifo #0 allocated, 2 channels, rate 0
vout: End DirectXInitDDraw
vout: DirectXCreateDisplay
vout: DirectXCreateSurface
vout: Dx Caps: overlay=1 colorkey=1 stretch=1
vout error: can't create YUV overlay surface.
vout: DirectX RGB surface created successfully
vout: DirectXCreateClipper
vout: video display initialized (720x576, 32/32 bpp)
vout info: got 720x576, 32/32 bpp (3072 Bpl), masks: 0xff0000/0xff00/0xff
module: locking module `yuvmmx'
aout: DirectSoundThread ready
aout: DirectSoundThread underflow: -123480
vout: vout_Manage Size Change
vout: DirectXUpdateOverlay no overlay !!
vpar info: stream periodicity changed from B[1] to B[2]
vout warning: late picture skipped (0261BD48)
vpar info: stream periodicity changed from P[5] to P[3]
vpar synchro warning: dts != current_pts (-213317)
aout: DirectX aout_GetBufInfo underflow
aout: aout_Play underflow
vout warning: late picture skipped (0261BD48)
vout warning: late picture skipped (0261BD98)
vout: video surface size changed
vout: DirectXCloseSurface
vout: Direintf: program terminated
ctXCloseSurface surface
vout: DirectXCloseSurface clipper
vout: no video surface, open one...
vout: DirectXCreateSurface
vout: Dx Caps: overlay=1 colorkey=1 stretch=1
vout: DirectX RGB surface created successfully
vout: DirectXCreateClipper
vpar info: stream periodicity changed from P[3] to P[1]
vpar info: stream periodicity changed from P[1] to P[3]
module: hiding unused plugin module `sdl'
vout warning: late picture skipped (0261BD48)
vout warning: late picture skipped (0261BDE8)
vout: WinProc WM_WINDOWPOSCHANGED
vout: vout_Manage WM_APP
vout warning: late picture skipped (0261BD48)
vout warning: late picture skipped (0261BD48)
aout info: fifo #0 destroyed
module: unlocking module `downmix'
module: unlocking module `imdct'
DCT coeff (non-intra) is out of bounds
module: unlocking module `idctmmx'
module: unlocking module `motionmmx'
input: closing file `E:\DVD01\VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_1.VOB'
module: unlocking module `ps'
aout: DirectX aout_Close
aout: DirectSoundThread exiting
module: unlocking module `directx'
module: unlocking module `yuvmmx'
vout: vout_Destroy
vout: DirectXCloseDisplay
vout: DirectXCloseSurface
vout: DirectXCloseSurface surface
vout: DirectXCloseSurface clipper
vout: DirectXCloseDisplay display
vout: DirectXCloseDDraw
vout: vout_Manage WM_CHAR
vout: DirectXCloseWindow
vout: WinProc WM_WINDOWPOSCHANGED
module: unlocking module `directx'
module: unlocking module `gtk'
intf: removed `E:\DVD01\VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_1.VOB' from playlist
intf: playlist destroyed