Mac OSX Port Speed/GUI/My help

Luke Sands luke.sands at btinternet.com
Sat Sep 1 04:30:05 CEST 2001

Vlc OSX Port Team,

Disregard my last post, with the subject "Mac OSX Port (vlc-0.2.83"
  because I manged to get it to work, I forgot to install it in root

Speed:
Great program, and I respect your efforts, however the speed of DVD
playback, in my case atleast is horrible. Is there anyway to speed up
the playback (in the terminal), at the moment its so slow its not
usable. thanks in advance.

GUI:
In my case, the GUI doesn't work at all so I've decided to put my 2p's
worth into the project  (only if you want me to of course..) by creating
a new OSX GUI / top app which will interface with the shell instead of
having the unix part built in. I hope it would help other osx users, but
if you don't need one, i'll just make it for myself, cus' i sure need
it- i'm cross with the terminal already ; ) I'm planning to make the app
in carbon, cus' I've just started UNIX shell and cocoa programming and
i'm not sure were to begin : ) and my final question, how to you control
sound volume, play, stop the dvd etc from the terminal?

btw. I'm new to this open source, UNIX programming, cocoa programming
stuff (but i've got lots of books about them) so please bear with

Thanks

Luke
luke.sands at btinternet.com