Question:vlc startup

Michael Willems mwillems at digitalview.com
Sun Sep 2 16:40:14 CEST 2001

First of all, apologies for two long emails, but this appears the only way
to ask. So forgive me... anyway, I see the following sequence when I start
up (see below, I have copied -vvv output of startup and 'running a dvd').
Questions: why gnome? I did orginally install on gnome but I have long since
deleted vlc, switched to KDE, and re-installed using the latest rpm. Still
it thinks it is using gnome? And, anything else odd in the sequence below?

Many thanks,
Michael

----------
Startup:
----------

[michael at ws-office michael]$ vlc -vvv
VideoLAN Client - version 0.2.83 Ourumov - (C)1996-2001 VideoLAN

intf: playlist initialized
module: checking built-in modules
module: new builtin module `es', ISO 13818-1 MPEG Elementary Stream input
modulemodule: new builtin module `ps', ISO 13818-1 MPEG Program Stream input
module
module: new builtin module `ts', ISO 13818-1 MPEG Transport Stream input
module
module: new builtin module `yuv', YUV transformations module
module: new builtin module `idct', IDCT module
module: new builtin module `idctclassic', classic IDCT module
module: new builtin module `motion', motion compensation module
module: new builtin module `imdct', AC3 IMDCT module
module: new builtin module `downmix', AC3 downmix module
module: new builtin module `yuvmmx', MMX YUV transformations module
module: new builtin module `idctmmx', MMX IDCT module
module: new builtin module `motionmmx', MMX motion compensation module
module: new builtin module `idctmmxext', MMX EXT IDCT module
module: new builtin module `motionmmxext', MMX EXT motion compensation
module
module: new builtin module `imdct3dn', 3D Now! AC3 IMDCT module
module: new builtin module `downmix3dn', 3D Now! AC3 downmix module
module: new builtin module `imdctsse', SSE AC3 IMDCT module
module: new builtin module `downmixsse', SSE AC3 downmix module
module: new builtin module `dvd', DVD input module, linked with libdvdcss
module: new builtin module `dummy', dummy functions module
module: new builtin module `null', the Null module that does nothing
module: new builtin module `rc', remote control interface module
module: checking plugin modules
module: browsing `.'
module: browsing `plugins'
module: browsing `/usr/lib/videolan/vlc'
module: new plugin module `dsp', Linux OSS /dev/dsp module
module: new plugin module `gnome', Gnome interface module
module: new plugin module `gtk', Gtk+ interface module
module: new plugin module `x11', X11 module
module: new plugin module `esd', EsounD audio module
module: module bank initialized
module: locking module `gnome'
intf: interface initialized
module: hiding unused plugin module `esd'
module: hiding unused plugin module `x11'
module: hiding unused plugin module `gtk'
module: hiding unused plugin module `dsp'

----------
Play:
----------
intf: added `dvd:/dev/dvd' to playlist
input: playlist item `dvd:/dev/dvd'
module: locking module `dvd'
dvd info: netlist initialized
ifo info: vmg initialized
dvd info: number of titles: 34
ifo info: vts 4 initialized
dvd: title 1 vts_title 1 pgc 1
module: locking module `motionmmxext'
module: locking module `idctmmxext'
module: locking module `downmix3dn'
module: locking module `imdct3dn'
vpar: no vout present, spawning one
module: locking module `x11'
vout info: asking for 720x576, 15/16 bpp (1440 Bpl)
intf: stream has changed, refreshing interface
vout: video display initialized (720x576, 16/16 bpp)
vout info: got 720x576, 16/16 bpp (1440 Bpl), masks: 0xf800/0x7e0/0x1f
module: locking module `yuvmmx'
vpar info: stream periodicity changed from B[1] to B[2]
aout: no aout present, spawning one
module: locking module `dsp'
aout info: signed 16 bits stereo thread
aout info: audio output thread 15323 spawned
aout info: fifo #0 allocated, 2 channels, rate 0
vpar info: stream periodicity changed from P[5] to P[3]
vpar synchro warning: dts != current_pts (-193667)
vpar info: stream periodicity changed from P[3] to P[11]
vpar info: stream periodicity changed from P[11] to P[9]
vpar info: stream periodicity changed from P[9] to P[13]
vpar info: stream periodicity changed from P[13] to P[3]
vpar info: stream periodicity changed from P[3] to P[5]
vpar info: stream periodicity changed from P[5] to P[13]
vpar info: stream periodicity changed from P[13] to P[3]
vpar info: stream periodicity changed from P[3] to P[2]
vpar info: stream periodicity changed from P[2] to P[1]
vpar info: stream periodicity changed from P[1] to P[3]
module: hiding unused plugin module `esd'