vlc error - possible fix

Damian Ivereigh damian at cisco.com
Tue Sep 4 04:34:42 CEST 2001

I have seen that too. I have tracked it down to some un-initialised
memory in ac3_bit_allocate.c after a new decoder thread is created

This patch initialises the malloced memory to zero (and the same in
ac3_spdif & audio_decoder - I don't know if this is necessary) and seems
to fix it on one particular DVD I have.

Apply it your code and see if it helps.

Damian

--