Not able to catch a network stream using VLC

anuj anuj at impulsesoft.com
Wed Sep 5 16:12:04 CEST 2001

Hi all,
I have installed vlms-0.2.0 and vlc 0.2.83 on my Linux machine and wish to play a network stream broadcast/unicast by the mini server using vlc. I have tried the following unsuccessfully,

The IP Address of my machine is 10.0.0.12 and I have set up the Video Lan Client to listen to PORT 1234 at this IP address. The Broadcast option is disabled.
I run the vlms on the same Linux machine with the following arguments

vlms -d 10.0.0.12:1234 -a mpeg {FileName}

After parsing the code and applying breakpoints I could make out that UDP packets are being sent to the address mentioned but the client is unable to play the stream.
I have tried changing the address to 127.0.0.1 (localhost) but to no avail.
I would appreciate any help in this regard.

regards,
anuj