Not able to catch a network stream using VLC

anuj anuj at impulsesoft.com
Fri Sep 7 13:28:47 CEST 2001

Hi,
Thanks a lot Luc  and Chris for their replies.
I have tried your command but the VLC is still not playing the network
stream.
I have tried the following meanwhile,
1) I installed the win32 installer version of VLC on one PC and on the Linux
PC I ran the VLMS server.
I wrote a small program to catch the network packets on the machine hosting
the VLC client. The program could catch the vlms mpeg packets so there seems
to be no problem in the vlms as it is.
The VLC network settings were as follows,
The My network is 10.0.0.12
I put the source as 10.0.0.x (vlms PC)
port as 1234
 The broadcst address 10.0.0.255 also did not seem to work.
The packets were all the time reaching the VLC machine as I verified with my
program.

I also tried installing the rpm available from the site and had the same
problem.

I have two NIC on my machine and the default is set to 10.0.0.12
which I use as the source address.

Any help would be extreamly appreciated.

regards,
anuj