osX updata?

Florian G. Pflug fgp at phlo.org
Fri Sep 14 18:34:23 CEST 2001

On Fri, Sep 14, 2001 at 01:55:30PM +0200, Jesper Nilsson wrote:
> Any information on hows it going with the osX updating?
>
> As I see it its the output that is the down slowing part. Have you tried
> to output via openGL? I heard that was the way some one made a output
> module for ffmpeg. It was much faster that way. Couse the vlc's decoding
> seams going at full fps.

I don't know if OpenGL support YUV-Textures. But I believe QuickTime to be
the better alternative.

I am working on this, but since I have no experience in MacOs programming, I
am only slowly making progress. At the moment I am having problems creating
a correct "ImageDescription" Structure - one that will not crash my app when
being passing to some QuickTime functions.

The think the problem is, that this ImageDescription structure has an
"idSize" field, which is "the total size of the structure, including
colormaps".

Since I use non colormap ('cause my image is YUV), i just set it to
sizeof(ImageDescription). This seems to be wrong, but I didn't find the
correct value anywhere in the docu.

This is all I know so far - but I think being able to fill out this structure
correctly would be a big step.

greetings, Florian Pflug